|Biscotte al Café|
Chocolate Espresso Cookies (Biscotte al Café)
This is an old family recipe that our Nonna would constantly make. It is perfect for a large family function that requires may cookies because this recipe is easy, fast and makes A LOT of yummy cookies!We are always asked to make these for our family gatherings not just because it makes a lot of recipes, but because there so addictive. Thank you Nonna for sharing your recipe with us! BON APPETIT!
Print This Recipe
4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 pound Crisco
1 lemon rind
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
16-18 ounces espresso (liquid)
2 cups icing sugar
enough lemon juice for a thick consistency (maybe 2-3 tablespoons)
1. Pre heat oven to 350 F.
2. Mix Crisco and sugar in a bowl with a wooden spoon. Mix in lemon rind. Add eggs.
3. In a separate bowl, mix flour baking powder, cocoa powder, cinnamon and cloves- sift.
4. Slowly add espresso, alternating with flour mixture, in the Crisco mixture.
5. Bake on parchment lined baking sheet for 15 minutes or until the cookie bounces up quickly when applied pressure on the top (with your fingertip).
6. Ice cookies with spoon or your finger.
MAKES ABOUT 3 DOZEN